Things may be a little different for a while, so please bear with us. To help create a safe environment for everyone, we’re enhancing our high standards of cleaning even further. There will also be some changes to our normal style of service to ensure everyone is safe but we can guarantee that you will still get a warm welcome from the team here at Woodvale Centre.
Here is what we are doing in our Centres:
- Hand sanitiser is available in all spaces throughout the building including at the entrance
- Floor and wall signage is in place to help guide you through the building
- We are regularly deep cleaning both centres
- We are cleaning all high traffic areas before, during and after each group visits the centre
- Hygiene stations are placed in all bathrooms to allow members to clean areas they use before and after if they wish and antibacterial soap is available for hand washing in each bathroom with disposable paper towels
- We are limiting the amount of people in the centre’s at any one time
- All staff and volunteers will wear safety shields or face coverings when working with members and will adhere to strict social distancing
- All chairs and tables will be set for groups so members will be at a 2m distance when seated
- All refreshments will be made and served by a member of staff or a trained volunteer to limit access to the kitchen
What you can do when you visit our centres:
If you are feeling unwell or have developed symptoms of Covid-19 please stay at home, we will still be here when you are well enough to attend again.
- If you would like to attend an activity or visit the centre please book in advance or call us to make arrangements – this is very important to ensure we do not exceed group maximums, we don’t like to turn people away so please call us first
- Practice 2m social distancing from all other members/ visitors, staff and volunteers
- Wear a face covering unless you are medically exempt. As per government guidelines you are expected to wear a face covering before entering the Community or Recreation centre and must keep it on until you leave unless there is a reasonable excuse for removing it
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitiser as you enter the building and before you leave
- Catch it and bin it with all your coughs and sneezes and wash your hands afterwards
- Participate in the NHS test and trace system to help control the spread of the virus
- Adhere to the 1 person per bathroom limit and use hand sanitiser before you enter a bathroom
- Do not enter areas that are clearly marked off
- Follow the guidance that staff offer at the start of each group, we are doing this to help keep everyone safe
- We ask that you please limit your contact with surfaces around the building
- We cannot host members between sessions, we need to leave enough time between groups to clean and disinfect high traffic areas and we cannot allow members to stay on site whilst they wait for another group to start. We appreciate that this may not be convenient but at the moment it is something that we need to implement for us to ensure that we are able to complete all tasks before the next session
- We cannot accept group bookings of more than 6 people as per government guidelines
- You may find that your usual class time is shorter than it used to be. As part of our phased reopening and to limit contact time we may shorten some of our sessions
- We ask that you wash your hands or use hand sanitiser upon entering and then proceed straight to your activity in the main community room. Please do not gather in hallways, entrances and exits, the car park or other areas on site to chat
- All members attending sessions will be seated 2m apart, family members from the same household or support bubble may be seated closer together but will then be placed 2m from the next person
- If you are attending an activity that does not require a face covering to be worn such as an exercise class please still bring one with you as you are required to wear one (unless exempt) in other areas of the building such as the hallway, bathrooms etc.
We thank you for your co-operation at this difficult time and we look forward to seeing you back at the centre soon.